Works have completed on a large barn conversion project at Ridley, Nr Tarporley.
The £5 million project for Manchester based GC Capital Limited saw the converstion of the existing barns into 11 large luxurious homes, with sizes ranging from 1700 sf to 3800sf.
The development is steeped in history and dates back to the 16th Century. The original hall was burnt down in 1700.
Ridley Hall Farm is located to the north of A534, the Nantwich to Wrexham Road between the A49 and the village of Bulkeley.
The development comprises of brick buildings which formed the farm outbuildings to Ridley Hall. Access is along the existing drive to the farm outbuildings and passes immediately adjacent to the existing farmhouse to the front of the site.
The access passes into the courtyard through a stone and brick Gatehouse which is a Grade II* Listed Building.
This project comprises the conversion of the outbuildings to eleven dwellings on three sides of the courtyard with Ridley Hall forming the fourth side of the courtyard. A sandstone enclosure in the centre of the courtyard will be be retained and eight of the proposed dwellings will incorporate garages. A timber structure has been constructed as garaging to units 9 , 10 & 11. Dwellings would be three or four bedroomed properties with rear garden areas arranged to the outside of the courtyard. Landscaping is proposed either side of the access to the new dwellings and also hedging around the edge of the development site.